Thursday 17 December 2015

THE BIBLE – BASIC INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE LEAVING EARTH

THE BIBLE – BASIC INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE LEAVING EARTH
Psalms 119:18 Open thou mine eyes,  that I may behold  wondrous things  out of thy law.
Every since I began to seek Him in earnest and asked Him to reveal himself to me in His Word, I have been amazed and astounded at the revelations I have received. And, that continues to this very day! Every time I work my way through Romans 5, 6, 7 and 8 I am blessed by the Word! What an amazing journey this is and it just gets better each time I read and contemplate the contents of these four chapters.
It is such a blessing to have His Word so readily available to us; yet, here in the West, we often take it for granted. In many places in the world, possessing a Holy Bible is a capital offense that one will pay with their life for, if ever discovered by authorities. Here, in America, we can buy every version of the Bible. We have versions of the Holy Bible for our computers and for our phones. Because the Word is so precious to me, I give thousands of bibles away; yet, most are never read. They are placed on a shelf to collect dust. How sad! The Word of God – from the author of life itself – sits and collects dust rather than renewing the mind it was given to.
Its like throwing a life preserver to a drowning man, and he refuses to take hold because he is too busy trying to stay afloat. People tell me they are too busy to read the Word, and the enemy of our souls is perfectly content to come into agreement with that. Listen! We have God’s promise about His Word:
 Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. 

 Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. 
If the Word of God holds so much importance and such a high place of honor with God – then, it must be vitally important to us as well. Quite honestly, the most fruitful thing I have ever done in my life is to become immersed in God’s Word. That one thing has borne more fruit of higher enduring quality than anything else I have ever done or attempted. And, it just keeps getting better! The Word is alive and I get something new from it every time I open it and give it the attention it so richly deserves.
 Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 
You can count on it! All of God’s Word will be fulfilled! If we want to live life more abundantly, more fully and more purposefully – then read the Word daily. Let it wash and cleanse away all the deception, defilement and filth of this world. Let it restore you to a place of true peace and wonder. Let it bring you into agreement with the author and creator of life. This is the one decision you will always regard as true wisdom and you will be able to see the line of demarcation from before and after you gave the Word a place of true honor in your life!
Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Only the Word of God can renew our minds, and that process requires us to be regular readers of the Word! The Word is the food our spirit man craves and needs in order to grow!
Read the Word of God  and Live!

No comments:

Post a Comment