Tuesday 15 December 2015

WHOM HAVE I



WHOM HAVE I
Psalms 73:25-26 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. 
I had been down of late and every time I allowed the cares of this world to enter into my heart, it caused worry and fear to rise up. I have been going through some trying and difficult circumstances, yet every time I go the Word, I am refreshed. I was down, depressed and contemplating defeat until I read:
Psalms 71:1-6 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me. Be thou my strong habitation, where unto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress. Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth. By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother’s bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee. 
Now, how can I not be refreshed and refilled after reading that? It is so easy to fall into the trap of looking at the world or at things going on in the world and begin to think as the world does. But, when we do that, we take our eyes off of our portion – off of Jesus! Without Jesus, the world is a very scary and dangerous place filled with every evil imaginable.
But God! Light overcomes darkness every time! You don’t turn a dark on in a room full of light. You turn a light on in a room full of darkness and the darkness immediately flees because light always overcomes darkness! Our Lord, our God is described as the light, the life and the way. We need to keep our eyes on Him! Don’t let the world or our enemy steal your joy! Don’t let the world or our enemy steal your peace! When all hell breaks loose against you, cast your cares upon Him who gave it all – the last full measure – for you! Indeed:
 Psalms 73:25-26 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. 
Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! What a savior! What a redeemer! What a mighty God He is and He is our portion forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment