Tuesday 15 December 2015

WHICH WAY IS THE RIGHT WAY?




WHICH WAY IS THE RIGHT WAY?
We need to make a few decisions about who we are, what we believe and what we will and will not do. In my experience, there are a series of doors we need to walk through to become true disciples of Jesus Christ. This does not happen all at once. Rather, it is a process we go through as our knowledge of God increases, and as our faith in Him deepens and becomes rich. It is much like sanctification, but takes us even deeper.
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
The first thing we need to do is examine our lives and our motives. We must remain teachable. Here’s some questions to help us remain teachable and examine where we are presently:
John Wesley’s “Holy Club” Questions
  1. Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than others? In other words, am I a hypocrite?
  2. Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
  3. Do I pass onto others things that were told to me in confidence?
  4. Am I a slave to clothes, friends, work, or habits?
  5. Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
  6. Does the Bible live in me today? Do I give the Bible time to speak to me every day?
  7. Do I enjoy prayer?
  8. When did I last share my faith with someone?
  9. Do I pray about the way I spend my money?
  10. Do I go to bed on time and get up on time?
  11. Do I disobey God in anything I do, say or think?
  12. Do I insist upon doing something that my conscious is uneasy about?
  13. Am I defeated in any part of my life?
  14. Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, bitter, touchy, or distrustful?
  15. How do I spend my spare time?
  16. Am I proud?
  17. Do I thank God that I am not like other people, like the Pharisee who despised the publican?
  18. Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold resentment toward, or disregard? If so, what am I planning to do to resolve it?
  19. Do I grumble and complain constantly or at all?
  20. Is Christ real to me?
If we are sincere and examine ourselves closely, we can begin the most incredible walk we could ever imagine!
You see, our Lord is faithful – more than we can fathom. He will see us through and He will never forsake us!
God bless you all in the name of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment